About Royal Boon Edam:
G. Boon was founded in 1873 as a carpentry shop in Amsterdam. In 1970 the family business moved from Amsterdam to Edam and the company changed name to Boon Edam. Boon Edam supplied its first revolving door over 100 years ago. Since then the Group has become the acknowledged world market leader in revolving doors. But they do more than that. Their core business nowadays focuses on Door Systems, Security Access and Advanced Door Care. In the last decades of the 20th century they have built our worldwide distribution network, resulting in:
- Subsidiary companies in 17 countries
- Factories in China, The Netherlands and the USA
- Authorised distributors in over 60 other countries
The name ‘Royal’ Boon Edam: In January 2004 they were granted the right to use the name Royal Boon Edam. This award crowned the company’s 130th anniversary and the 100th year of revolving door production. With over a century of experience and satisfied customers worldwide, they have proven to be a solid and reliable partner in entrance technology.
At Boon Edam, they are continuously working on the best possible solution. Their vision on innovation is that this must be a continuous process. Therefore they are constantly improving their products, services and processes.
Royal Boon Edam International B.V. is ISO 14001:2004 certified. Their environmental management system is applicable to the development, manufacturing, sales, installation, service and maintenance of entrance products, meets the highest environmental management standards.
Royal Boon Edam International B.V. is ISO-9001: 2008 certified. Their quality systems meet the highest international standards with regard to product design, purchasing, production, testing, documentation, delivery and service. This guarantees top quality products.
Their products meet the requirements of norms and standards around the world, among which:
- EN 16005 for powered pedestrian doors
- ANSI A156.27 for power and manual operated revolving pedestrian doors
- EN 1523 for bullet-proof glass
- TUV model/design testing for vital structural components
- TUV and CO48 requirements for emergency exits and rescue access routes
- BS7036 British Standard Safety on Powered Doors
- Compliance with current European legislation to conform with CE regulations
- Qualicoat accreditation on powder coated doors
Their entrance products can be manufactured to match or compliment a very wide variety of building entranceways. Within each product type, they offer many different design options. For this, they use a wide range of the latest available materials, finishing and technology in the use of glass.